CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

*Something To Really Think About*

When I stop and really think about the number of people in this world today that suffer daily from depression or feeling inadequate... the statistics are alarming! There has been times in everyones life where we don't feel that were good enough, we don't add up or we give up even before trying. There really are people out there that don't love or care about us, make us feel like we don't add up, or that we will never be good enough. Maybe somewhere in their life there was no one that loved them or tried to make a difference! The world can never give to us what Our Heavenly Father has already given us when He offered up His only Son Jesus! Love! Peace! Freedom! We are human and we do have feelings that get hurt once in awhile, but how we choose to let the ones that hurt us affect our lives is what really matters. I believe that God felt pain when Jesus died to take away any kind of sin or pain we might have. I've personally dwelt with so many different levels of pain in my life that you would think that I could be numb to any kind of feelings. WRONG! The truth is that even though it hurts and at times when I want to throw in the towel and don't want to try something over again... what I decide to do will either make or break me, and I don't have to decide it alone! I am glad that even though I personally have felt great waves of pain my entire life, I believe that God has used it in some way to shape me to who I am today. Sometimes I don't understand how and I don't want to admit at the time that this is part of life, but as time passes I can say that I totally get how and why it happened! God says that He will not put more on us than we can handle and I believe that He knows we are stronger than we give ourselves credit for, otherwise He wouldn't allow us to face the difficult times. I want Him to mold and make me so that my lifesong will sing for Him even if the during my journey I do get a little "broken" up. It makes me think about a line in the song "Better"... but in the end- what leaves you broken- in the end - makes you better! I pray that in the times of my life that I am broken, it will make me better for the cause of Christ! Let's try to make a difference in the life of someone in need!

1 comments:

Patty said...

Leslie,
I am so excited that you signed my blog, so that I could know you stopped by and that you also have a blog. I have been wanting to reconnect with friends this way.
I cannot believe how big your kids are getting. they are so very cute.
I did not know that you wrote songs and poetry. That is very cool. You should post some on your blog sometime.
Your sister Bev,has been coming to church the last couple of weeks. The Lord is really helping her. Her children are adorable.
Thanks for the reminder that there are hurting people all around us. Sometimes we get to caught up in our own busyness and forget to look those in need around us.
Keep in touch
Patty