CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

*A BIT OF HAPPY REMINISCING*

As I sat here this evening knowing what I wanted to blog about, the words just weren't coming to me that easy. So I started thinking about my kids and how they're growing up so fast and that sometimes they just know where, when and how to embarrass us when we least expect it! While I'm sitting here thinking, I am reminded of something that my daughter Katie now 8, so innocently said to me after bringing me a paper from her backpack. (was in kindergarten I believe) She said, Mama, I have a paper for you, will you read it? I said sure sweetie... so I sat down and I started reading it to myself like I usually do to know what I was reading before I would read something out loud to my kids. Well all of a sudden she kept putting her head/ear really close to me and I could hear her getting a little more agitated with each time she did this over again. Finally after about 5-7 times of her repeating this I said Katie, what in the world are you doing? Please let me finish reading this paper that you wanted me to read and then I'll give you some attention. And she said, well Mama I wanted you to read it to me and since you were reading it to yourself I was trying to see if I could listen to inside your head so I could hear what your head is saying about my paper. LOL That was all I needed for that day! I never would of thought that she would say that.... but it's true they will say the darnedest things when you least expect it. They may be ornery, tucker us out, and make us go gray, but I wouldn't want them any other way! I love to reminisce on the past experiences and events with my kids and when they also remember it, it makes it that much more memorable! It's fun to watch them grow up and develope into their own individual person, but it is also hard knowing that they don't stay little long. Gotta Love Em!!!

1 comments:

LaDonna said...

I hear ya! We were just talking at the supper table last night about the cute way the boys used to say things, and the boys were getting embarassed!!! It's so much fun, but they sure do grow up fast, start driving, dating, working! YIKES! I wish it didn't go by so fast! I'm not that old, am I?