CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 9, 2007

*DINNER AND A MOVIE*

Ok, so I have been thinking for the past several weeks now that when my kids are with their dad on the weekends, I should do something for myself... well at least once in awhile! (I miss them and I'm usually at home every weekend their gone) After weeks of trying to figure out what to do, I finally decided that ever since I saw "Wild Hogs" was first advertised I have wanted to see it and I finally decided to "just do it." So my mom asked me to come over for dinner (yes it was my mom I had my date with,"if you will") and then off to the Quaker we went. Aside from the sexual comments and cursing, it was a pretty funny flick, with a lot of funny happenings. My kids have been wanting to see it too and I am glad I didn't take them because I think it had too much adult content for them. Sometimes I wish they would just make movies without foul language in it at all. The night Tim Hawkins came to NewPointe, we were doubled over with laughter... and he brought good clean materials to share. Thanks Tim! I can't wait till he comes back! I just wish that we could have more movies with little or no inappropriate content. Katie has been wanting to see the movie about a mouse that starts with the letter R... I can say it, just can't remember how to spell it. LOL Tomorrow Kyle comes home from Church Camp and I pick the other two up from their dads. And then we start it all over again come Monday morning. :-) I am still trying to get ready for my much overdue yard sale...I might have more gray hairs, but it would be over with and who's counting anyways? LOL Not much else happening in my neck of the wood, what about yours? Blessings, Leslie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doing somethign special for yourself while your kids are away is the perfect thign to do. Treat yourself!! If that were me, I'd be at Starbucks all day!! Then I'd take in a movie and go to Borders. Enjoy yourself!

LaDonna said...

I know what you mean about wishing for good clean movies!! And Tim Hawkins is my favorite comedian! I have watched his Bananas video about 100 times! He's awesome. Lucky you, to get to see him in person! Treating yourself while your kids are gone is a great thing to do. I would be at the salon getting a pedicure! Oh, I love those things!!! Have a good week.