CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 7, 2007

*YA THINK SUMMER'S FINALLY HERE*

The 3 main reasons why I get
up every day! (They are worth it!)




Katie

Kyle

Kris

This trampoline was one of the best investments that I made last summer. They've even tried to sleep out on it, imagine that? We've laid out and watched the stars at night... one move and we all slid to the center. It was
a crazy idea, but we had fun!



I can't believe how fast this school year went. I mean where did the time go? I also keep asking myself if I got everything accomplished that I wanted to during the school year... and I guess NO would be the correct answer! (it didn't take me long to figure that one out) So last Friday I thought- well I am going to let the kids have 1 week of sleeping in till about 9am, (I was really thinking for me at that moment) :-) but sleeping in for my kids is well- not sleeping in at all (7a-8a- if I'm the least bit lucky) so very early in this thinking process that idea got put aside, but I still had high hopes... if you know what I mean? Then to top it all off Kyle, who is now officially a "Freshmen" told me last Friday of all days especially after I had already thought, and I mean just thought- came to me and said, "Oh by the way mom, I start marching band bright and early Monday morning from 8-12... and it is JUST for 1 week and then we will start back up again the end of July. I think that the look on my face must of been priceless, because priceless is just the look he gave me after he finished telling me his "good news" and then my moment of silence that followed. He just couldn't wait till he was able to start marching band. He has talked about it since the 5th grade when he started playing trombone. And yes I felt guilty for just thinking about sleeping in when he was so excited about something he's anticipated for 4 years for to finally arrive. I love U Kyle (if he would see this before I posted it, he'd for sure try to persuade against it) I will post pics with him in his uniform at a later time. I guess I'd better update on Kris and Katie as well. Kristofer is now a 5th grader. It has been 2 weeks today since his corrective eye surgery for Strabismus. (A visual defect in which one eye cannot focus with the other eye on an object because of imbalance of the eye muscles- American Heritage Dictionary.) The surgery went well and the Doc says it will take awhile to fully heal. He isn't in any kind of pain, but it isn't pleasant to look at and you might think otherwise. He will be going back to Camp Nuhop for his 5th summer. (Nuhop Camp for experimental learning and developmental disabilities www.campnuhop.org) I believe he will also be going to Summer camp with the church. As for Katie, she is now a 3rd grader. She is doing better with her Asthma. She just really has to be monitored since she is still learning how to cope and with the warning signs. She too will be going to Summer camp with the church. We are going to try to take a couple road trips to Ronoake Virginia to see my brother and his family and get the cousins together and I would like to go back to Indiana to see one of my old girlfriends. But I really need to finish organizing for my yard sale that I need to have no later than June 28-30. Well in closing I might add that through the hustle of our busy life we have a lot to be thankful for. And I thank God for the 3 children He has entrusted me with and that He allows me to get up each day and choose to serve Him and teach my kids the importance of being a follower of Christ. Have a great day and Blessings to all! Leslie :-)

0 comments: