CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 3, 2007

*PSALM 51:10-12*

Create in me a clean heart, Oh God And renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit. Psalm 51:10-12 NKJV

I have had the privilege of attending the 2nd annual Missionary Conference at our Church this weekend. It started on Friday night and will continue through tomorrow morning. It has been quite interesting and yet fulfilling to see the work that God is doing in the lives of people who were or was once lost. Pastor Jeff challenged us to pray about what we can do for missions and to keep an open heart to God if He is calling us into missionary work of any kind. He and a few others from our church went to the Ukraine a few weeks ago. That is a place that has always intrigued me, but anyways he said that he believes everyone should at least once in their lifetime take a trip to another country. He also states that if you do, you will come back a changed person. I am sure you can imagine some of the reasons why but I won't post it right now. God wants us to step outside of our comfort zones and reach out to the lost and dying world. If we simply keep to ourselves because we don't want someone to see us socializing with the lost, then what will we have done to further advance the kingdom of heaven. I want Jesus to create in me a clean heart and renew the right kind of spirit in me so that when the opportunity arises they will see Christ-like holiness within me! Are you going to step outside your comfort zone in order to make a difference. Many Blessings, Leslie

1 comments:

LaDonna said...

So glad to see you blogging again!! Good thoughts, too.