CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

*A BIT OF CATCHING UP*

I still can't believe that it has been a little over 2 weeks ago that I said goodbye to my father. I am still in disbelief that he is no longer with us. We are heading back to Florida in the morning for dad's funeral and memorial service and it just feels that since we are heading to Florida that when we get there, dad is one of the people that I should be seeing upon arriving. But as I sit here thinking about this, I am quickly reminded that dad has ended his suffering and journey here on earth and he is now with all others who have gone on before. I guess I didn't really say goodbye to dad, but more like- see you soon! I can't wait till the day when there will be no more night, no more pain, no more tears, never crying in vain, but praises to the Great I Am, and we will forever live in the light of the risen Lamb. Please keep my family in your prayers as we all meet to remember dad (Wilson F. Holloway) . We have family/friends coming from all over. There is going to be a memorial service at the church dad attended on Thursday the 25th and then the burial will with the Veterans in St. Petersburg on Friday the 26th. Some from Arizona, Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, North Carolina, Virgina and maybe a few more states. I pray that we all draw close together as a family and that we remember that Jesus is right beside us and He isn't going anywhere. Even when I am unaware and not worthy of His mercy, He is always faithful. I have found that Jesus is always faithful and I want my life to reflect Christ likeness (holiness) so that others will see and want the same Jesus that I have. Jesus is giving me peace over great grief and loss and I know that when my grief becomes to much for me to bear, He is always faithful to comfort me. Are we allowing Jesus to do the job that God sent Him to do? I love and miss you dad!

1 comments:

Bev said...

Hi Leslie, how are you doing. Were doing ok. Still very sad but trying to take it one day at a time. Love Ya Bev