CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

*JUST A LITTLE CRAZINESS CONTINUES*


Things have been CRAZY around here but I am ready to see some signs of "normal"... if there is or ever will be such a thing again! But through it all I can say that things have been going pretty good!

The kids are adjusting to school and doing quite well! This is the first time ever that I have heard Kristofer say that the kids at his school like him. He went up to his teacher last week and said to her, Mrs. Wilmoth, I am a little worried. She said how so Kris, and he said, well there is a girl here that told me that she likes me. And the teacher told him, Kris that's good that kids like you, and he said, oh I didn't know that. Everywhere else we have gone Kris has never felt like he belonged or was made to feel like he belonged or could feel comfortable enough to fit into his surroundings. So when the devil or others try to make me feel like that sending my kids to a Christian school isn't worth it, I can firmly say that is absolutely not true! It has always been very important to me that no matter where my kids went to school, they feel safe and comfortable... and I believe now that both of those needs for the kids are being fulfilled! Thank-you God!

At an early age I knew that I was to do something with music, whether it is to write, record, sing or simply minister... I didn't realize till I was much older that God just wanted me to use the gift He gave me for Him. Yesterday I had a try out/audition with our music leader here at our new church... and I get to start practicing with the worship team this coming Sunday! As we all know, in life we will always be disappointed by others who can be unkind or stand in the way of us using the talents God has given to us, but I know from personal experience that having great patience pays off! I now know that God had bigger and better plans for me than I could have for myself... His timing is always PERFECT!!!

Our new church really has a good focus for our young children and youth. Katie and Kris are plugged into the children's church and Kyle has fit in nicely to the youth. The teen ministry here is focused on leading our generation of Youth to Christ! The teen ministry is also known as "Soul Changers". This is an awesome outreach to the youth in our area. The teens get to lead church service as well as the worship music. After Sunday morning worship, everyone involved with the youth meets back at the church by 3:00 and they load up the church bus to capacity(approx 60-65 youth) and head out for a 30-40 minute drive up the mountain to a little country church in a town called Copper Hill. First they have worship music that is lead by the band and then one of the Youth Pastors brings the message. Afterwards they eat and have a lot of fun activities planned. I had the opportunity to go with them last week and it was really awesome to see the church packed out and the youth worshiping. The prior week they had approx 63 youth and 8 out of the 63 gave their hearts to Christ! That is awesome!!! Kyle had his first experience playing the lead guitar along with another youth who already plays the lead in the band. He was asked to join the "teen worship band". He is thrilled! He has waited a long time for this moment and I was elated to be able to be there and see it happen. He had really been practicing a lot and playing well over the summer and has improved tremendously! He really did a good job for the first time and was asked to be a part of the new band that they are looking to start in the near future. I took the picture posted on this blog from my cell phone and it isn't real clear and I do apologize that it isn't good, but I can't find my digital camera since we moved. (Kyle is in the green shirt)

Anyways, for now that's an overview of what's been happening here. When I get more settled I will be able to post more often. We have church tonight and I gotta keep busy! Blessings to All! :-)


0 comments: