CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 17, 2007

*MY DAD*


I just wanted to stop and take the time and post a blog that is very dear and close to my heart. I don't know if many of you know that my father was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2000, and since that time he's had 2 major surgeries and many chemotherapy treatments. In early 2007, Hospice was called in to help my mom care for dad and the house and to give my mom a chance to do work that she can't do at home. Mom is a LPN and she is able to do some of her work from home so she can be with dad. Hospice has been a blessing! Please keep mom in your prayers... with help and strength from God, she has been so strong, courageous and a wonderful wife and caregiver to my father. This picture was taken yesterday September 16, 2007. My father is down to 143 pounds, and he looks very nice in his shirt and tie. I am not sure if any of you have ever heard me talk about Caringbridge.org? It is a free website that supports and connects family, friends and the ones we love during critical illnesses. You can read updates about your loved one and even leave a comment of encouragement for them to read. I highly recommend it, it has made us able to still feel connected even though many miles separate us. For more information go to www.caringbridge.org
Before I close, I wanted to mention again that I am so proud of my dad. His picture made the front page of the September issue of Farm and Ranch Living (magazine). He is pictured there with one of his Farmall tractors. In dad's spare time as his favorite hobby, he would buy old tractors (Farmalls) and restore and paint them. I will always remember having quite a few Farmall's around the house. Dad also loved to fix them up and participate in local tractor pulls... and he always did quite well! (especially against those old JohnDeere's). He was involved with the Florida Flywheelers and I believe the last time he pulled was earlier this summer. I have many memories of watching dad from the grand stand and seeing him pull his way down the track and many times it was a first place pull for his class. As I'm sitting here posting... I also want to say that as much as I know dad loves his red Farmalls, he loves his Heavenly Father and Jesus much more! I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers for my dad and our family, please continue to pray that my dad will feel great comfort in God's Everlasting Arms. Thank You Dad for the memories, ~I Love You~



1 comments:

LaDonna said...

What a beautiful tribute to your father! I pray that God will strengthen ALL of you during these days.