CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 6, 2007

*2 MONTHS AGO TODAY*


It has been almost a month since my last blog and a lot has happened around here. It would take up too much space on here and I don't have the time or the memory to recall everything that has happened either... boy aren't I the brilliant one! LOL

2 months ago today I said good-bye to my father, Wilson Holloway. I have been missing him so much here lately and I am at a loss for words to explain the sadness that I feel knowing that I can't pick up the phone to call him, expecting him to answer, hear his voice and just simply ask him for advice on some mechanical issues that I am having with my car. I know that he isn't in pain anymore and that cancer no longer consumes his physical body since Jesus took him home to Heaven... and for that I wouldn't even want to bring him back, but I am his daughter, I am human and I miss him terribly. I think that sometimes we try to protect our hearts from pain... it still didn't seem real to me that dad is gone and I think that a part of me hadn't really come to terms with it or allowed myself to grieve, but with Thanksgiving just passed us and without being able to call dad or see him and another holiday which is my favorite-Christmas rapidly approaching I am just really struggling with grasping that he is no longer here. I do have friends here but I don't want to burden them as they are busy with their jobs, families and just life... so when I need a hug or just a friend to listen to me, I can cry out to Jesus... and He will hold me till the pain subsides. When my heart has is aching so bad with pain and I feel like I can't go on, the best I can do is ask Jesus to take the wheel!
P.S. Check out the new pictures on my site.

1 comments:

LaDonna said...

I've thought about your loss and the upcoming holidays many times. I pray that you will be able to get through this time, and while you'll never 'get over it' maybe the pain will ease with time. I pray you will be able to enjoy Christmas with your kids and know that it must be amazing to have Christmas in Heaven!!! P.S. Who's the "friend" in the picture? :)