CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 7, 2009

*DEFINITELY TIME FOR AN UPDATE*

Hello & greetings from Roanoke, VA. It sure has been a long time since I have even posted anything here on blogspot, so please forgive me as well as overlook me if I leave anything out while updating! Feel free to ask any questions that U may have... I hope to start using this site again on a regular basis! From looking at the last time I blogged, it has about 14 months since I did post anything, so I will do my best to fill U in!

Well for starters, it has been a very busy past 14 months at that! It's hard to believe that another school year is rapidly approaching us! Seems like we just closed out 08-09. Kyle will be 17 this month and going to be a junior this year! I am really having a hard time believing that maybe, just maybe we missed a birthday somewhere down the road... but as much as I wish that were true, that isn't the case at all! He finished drivers ed, has gotten his license, a job & a car in the past 14 months. I guess I am not wanting to think about him graduating & leaving home! (I hear it's every parents fear when their firstborn reaches that time in his/her life) I almost forgot to mention, Kyle is now just a bit taller than I am! lol

Kristofer was 13 in May and he is going into 7th grade. He had the privilege of attending a summer program through and paid for by Family Preservation Services to help him with life & social skills, self help & behavior issues! I am so very thankful he was able to participate in this program! He is growing up so fast and he really needs your prayers as he starts school this fall! He stands tall enough to look me in the eyes & is still very thin!

Kaitlyn will be 11 in January. She is going into the 5th grade and can't wait to get back to school! If she had her way, school would be open all year round! lol Katie is developing into quite a young lady! She wants to do everything Mommy does... I am so often reminded that she is watching my every move & that I must mold my life after Jesus so that she will always want to walk close to Him and have a close relationship with Him! I am not always perfect & sometimes I fall... but I am so thankful for God's mercy & forgiveness & that He is faithful & just and never more than just a prayer away!

Since Kyle has a job, he isn't able to get away as much & do family events/functions! I was able to take Katie & Kris to Kings Dominion back in July. We had a good time & we ended the evening with a really good concert that included the bands Fireflight, Hawk Nelson, Skillet and Switchfoot! We throughly enjoyed the music & I will say that I was very impressed with the testimony of each of the artist that played that night! I believe that God can also clearly speak through music... we just have to learn to open our hearts and listen to the message He has for us!

I have been pondering an idea/thought that I have had for the past several years. I feel even more impressed to follow through with this idea since my father passed away in October 07. I believe that I am suppose to write a book! I know, call me crazy but I really can remember back from the time I was very young that I would or might someday do this! I believe that with God's help I have a story to tell that may be able to help others who may have had the same or similiar experiences that I have had throughout my life! I have a friend back home in Ohio that is writing a book and I have asked her questions in which she gave great advice and have done some research but I am still looking & praying for the right time to make this happen! First place for me to start is with writing and I have done just that... writing for me I find is quite theraputic! I am aware that this isn't an overnight process & it will take me writing, rewriting, maybe even several times, finding trustworthy Christians and publishers to work with! There will be a lot of truths revealed in my book that might not be so pleasant for some to hear or believe but I know it is the right thing for me to do & if I can help another person through writing then I feel that is why God has laid it upon me to do this! I want my book to reflect my testimony and how God can heal a childhood full of abuse, hurt and neglect that came in many forms and bring my life back to Him! Even though I strayed, made wrong choices and turned my back on Him, He was faithful and forgave me! That is one thing that I have had to learn to do as well.... Forgive! I will be continuing to work on this and I will keep you all posted!

Well I need to get off here... If you have any questions or comments please feel free to do so, again I am going to try & start updating here as much as possible...I will at least try to do weekly updates if not more often! Take care & God Bless!

P.S. I will also try to post updated pictures soon!!!

0 comments: